Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Family Night Activity Idea


 A few weeks ago, we decided to have a cookie bake-off. It was so much fun and so easy, I thought I would quickly share.

I started off with the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. I hear it's one of the best ones to use. I will share it below.

When the dough was made, we separated the dough into six bowls. Each team got 3 bowls and had to come up with their own flavors. It was an experiment, and we weren't even sure if they would turn out, but I was quite amazed at what we ended up with! You can take the dough any direction, and they turn out perfect. (unless you throw peanut butter into it with extra flour, then you get peanut butter dumplings on top of blobs of cookie).

To make the double chocolate, I added 2 tablespoons of coco powder, 1/2 tsp of vanilla, milk chocolate chips, and chunked bits and shavings of almond bark. (I would have preferred white chocolate, but I didn't have any). They were Really Good....but then again, I made them :)

My husband threw cranberries and almond bark chunks into his. (since he was on the opposing team, I feel the need to find something wrong,  and suggest that he should have added orange peel).

With all my critiquing, however, he still won the popular vote with his coconut- chocolate chip cookies. He used 1/2 tsp of coconut extract and about 1/2 cup of coconut shavings. (keep in mind he was only working with a small portion of the full dough recipe)

Whatever flavor you decide to go with, I think as long as you try to keep the same consistency, they will turn out awesome! What a fun concept of getting several flavors out of one batch of cookies.
Yum.



No comments:

Pin It